Last Updated May 2017
We believe in creating the best possible experience for our community of users. Our goal in creating these Guidelines for the ooVoo community is to balance maximum fun while protecting the safety for all users. What you say and do on ooVoo helps keep our community of users coming back and having a great time.
HOW WE SERVE TO PROTECT OUR USERS
We built in the ability for you to remove users from your friend list. If you remove a user from your friend list, you will no longer see any private links between you and that user. You can remove yourself from a group. If you remove yourself from a group, you will no longer see the links of that group. Also, at any time, users have the ability to remove their own content from any given chain, message or group.
Each time a user posts a new public link, ooVoo processes the content through an automated third-party moderation tool to review the link for inappropriate content. If this tool reports a possible problem, the link may be removed.
REPORT USERS / REMOVAL OF OFFENSIVE CONTENT:
Feedback from the ooVoo community and the ability to report unintended uses of the app provide added support to our team. Click on the menu button (looks like °°°) in a specific link to further identify links and accounts which need additional attention and/or further investigation. We will remove reported content we find offensive at our sole discretion.
DO YOUR PART. BE THOUGHTFUL.
- Only use ooVoo if you are 13 years old or older.
- Post content that is appropriate for our diverse audience.
- Share only photos and videos that you’ve taken or have the right to share. Remember to post authentic content, and don’t post anything you’ve copied or collected that you don’t have the right to post.
- Follow the law. And remember, just because something may be legal in your region, doesn’t mean it is legal everywhere in the world. Be cautious!
- Be thoughtful when posting newsworthy events. Often, this type of content can be graphic or violent in nature and such content may be offensive to other users. If you choose to share such content for the limited purposes of raising awareness or to educate, we ask that you place a warning in the first few seconds of your video or submission that warns others of the graphic content.
- Foster meaningful interactions. Help us stay spam-free! Do not post repetitive comments or content, or repeatedly contact people without their consent.
- For your own safety, remember that users may have the ability to copy your content as well as take screenshots of your content posted on ooVoo from their device.
- Rude, defamatory, obscene, or disrespectful behavior or content
- Any invasion or threat of the invasion OF privacy
- intimidation, harassment, bullying, or violence of any kind
- Suggestive sexual content or pornography
- Posting content you do not have the right to post or that violates the copyright or intellectual property rights of another person or user
- Posting any content related to the abuse, excessive use, or illegal use OF drugs or alcohol
- Threats of any kind, including but not limited to threatening another user to post unauthorized content
- Support or praise of terrorism, organized crime, or hate
- Fraud or impersonation of any other person or user
- Any other content or behavior that is illegal, promotes illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others
- HARM MINORS OR IN ANY WAY EXPOSE MINORS TO ANY OF THE ABOVE BEHAVIOR OR CONTENT
We take the violation of these Guidelines very seriously because we want our community to remain safe. Violating these Guidelines may result in the suspension and/or termination of your account. Suspended or terminated accounts will prohibit users from being involved in the ooVoo community in the future. Additionally, we may work with law enforcement officials or other competent government authorities pursuant to our Law Enforcement and Government Demands Policy.
Please take these Guidelines seriously and honor them in the spirit for which they are intended. These Guidelines will change and evolve along with the ooVoo user community. We will do our best to enforce these Guidelines consistently and fairly and, ultimately, we'll try to do what we think is best in each situation, at our discretion.
REPORTING CONTENT THAT IS INAPPROPRIATE, ABUSIVE, OR SPAM
We take such offensive content and behavior on ooVoo very seriously. If someone is in violation of the above Guidelines, please let us know by clicking the report button to report such link containing any offensive content in ooVoo.
Have questions? Interested in learning more about our Community Guidelines? Let us know!
Last Updated May 2017